A delicious, melt-in-your-mouth curry that the whole family will love. We have used kangaroo meat in this curry but you can substitute that with just about any red meat that you have – venison, goat, beef etc.
- 1kg red meat diced (kangaroo, venison, goat, beef etc.)
- 3 x brown onions (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 jar Malaysian rendang curry paste
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 cans coconut cream
- Olive oil
- Heat oven to 160C (350F).
- Heat olive oil in large pot over high heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Stir until lightly browned.
- Add curry paste and stir until fragrant (1-2 mins).
- Add 1kg of meat and brown on all sides.
- Add coconut cream and coconut milk (you can leave out 1 can of either if there is too much liquid).
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pot with a lid and place in preheated oven.
- Cook for approx. 6-8 hours.
- Serve over rice, mashed potato or enjoy by itself.
What is I Am Hunter?
I Am Hunter has a lofty goal to change the way hunting is perceived in the community. Hunters can find a wide range of tools and resources to help them improve their skills and become positive role models and advocates for the hunting community.
I Am Hunter is a member-supported website. By paying a small monthly or annual fee, members help keep most of the content free, which in turn helps to spread a positive message about hunting with the wider community.
In return, members enjoy exclusive rewards and benefits including member-only content, discount codes, and giveaways.