There’s two things our family loves – Mexican food and venison meat. So it’s only natural that we love to combine the two.
The benefit to this recipe is that it doesn’t take 6 hours to cook. In fact, it can be on the table and ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
Here is our wild take on burritos. As always, if you don’t have venison, you can substitute for minced beef but in our opinion, it won’t be as good.
Be sure to check out the Game Kitchen for more recipe ideas for game meats.
Preparation time: 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 2 x onions, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1kg venison mince
- 1 x red capsicum (pepper), diced
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeños
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 pack of taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest
- Salt to taste
- Burritos, sour cream, creamy chipotle sauce, shredded cheese, salsa and lettuce to serve
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Pan fry onions and garlic until lightly browned.
- Add venison mince.
- Add capsicum and sliced chilli.
- Mix in chipotle, tomatoes and jalapeños.
- Mix together and cook until browned.
- Add taco seasoning, salt and lime zest and leave to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes to let the flavours infuse through.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream and creamy chipotle sauce.