Who doesn’t love a bit of Tex-Mex?! We decided to put a bit of an Aussie spin on the crowd pleaser – pulled pork – by replacing Babe with Skippy. Now a word of warning before we begin, you need a reasonable level of fitness to prepare this meal as Skippy has a tendency to try and hop off your plate! Don’t say we don’t do anything for you guys – that is a free Dad joke right there ready for you to pull out if you do give this recipe a go 😉
Time to prepare: 20 mins (+ 3-4 hrs cooking time)
- 1kg kangaroo rump (we used Eastern Grey Kangaroo from a pest control hunt)
- BBQ dry rub (just use your favourite)
- 1 cup chipotle sauce
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F)
- Cover the kangaroo rump in the dry rub
- Heat oil in a deep, heavy-based frying pan
- Brown rump on all sides
- Place into oven tray
- Mix chipotle and BBQ sauce
- Cover rump with sauce mix
- Cover tray with aluminium foil
- Place in oven and cook for approx. 3-4 hours
Serving suggestion: we served ours with homemade coleslaw and it was delicious! You could serve your pulled kangaroo on burgers, with a salad or in tacos.
Help us keep hunting alive
I Am Hunter has a passion to keep hunting alive. We use education and advocacy to demonstrate the positive benefits of ethical, fair-chase hunting to all society, not just hunters.
We can provide this content free to the public thanks to the generous support of our awesome members.
For less than 50c a day, members help support the fight to keep hunting alive by spreading a positive message about hunting to the wider community. In return, members get access to exclusive member rewards.