In 2021, the fallow doe season (antlerless deer) is being run a little differently to previous years. Instead of being issued doe tags, or applying through the standard ballot process, Tasmanian hunters can now book spots to hunt fallow does using an online booking system.
The aim behind this move is to simplify the booking of public land hunting space outside of the stag (buck) season.
Run through the Eventbrite website, the new booking system works a little like an AirBNB booking system (AirDoeNDoe), in that you select the reserve that you wish to book, choose from the available dates, and then enter in your details to book.
You will then be sent an email with details of your tickets.
Here’s a few things to remember:
- The antlerless fallow (doe) season runs from 7 April to 15 November 2021.
- There are certain reserves that will be closed during this period, so you will need to check the available dates for each reserve.
- Hunting groups must nominate a group leader, and there can only be a maximum of 4 hunters per group.
- The party leader can book up to 2 spots over the antlerless season.
- Bookings close 15 March 2021.
Click on the reserves below to book:
For any further information about the new booking system, go to www.dpipwe.tas.gov.au/booking
What is I Am Hunter?
I Am Hunter wants to change the way hunting is perceived and to change the conversation from a negative one driven by anti-hunters to a positive one led by hunters.
Our goal is to help hunters become positive role models and ambassadors for hunting, while simultaneously helping non-hunters understand why hunting is important.
You can become a supporter and help us achieve our goal and spread a positive message about hunting with the wider community.