I Am Hunter team member, Rebecca Byfield, spoke to Jason Selmes from Australian Hunting Podcast in the lead up to the Federal Election to discuss her run in the Australian senate for the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party in Tasmania.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- SFFP Tasmanian senate candidate Rebecca Byfield discussing her candidacy
- Running the Huntshack business and what they do
- Her history growing up and living with a family of hunters
- The newly developed “I Am Hunter” campaign
- Why she got involved with SFFP
- Why she wants to represent gun owners and hunters in the federal senate
- How she plans to implement policy if elected
- The importance of self defence
- Appearance laws and suppressors
To check out the podcast for yourself, go to Australian Hunting Podcast episode #195.
What is I Am Hunter?
I Am Hunter wants to change the way hunting is perceived and to change the conversation from a negative one driven by anti-hunters to a positive one led by hunters.
Our goal is to help hunters become positive role models and ambassadors for hunting, while simultaneously helping non-hunters understand why hunting is important.
You can become a supporter and help us achieve our goal and spread a positive message about hunting with the wider community.